Meeting and event planning in the time of COVID-19
The public health situation and associated MIT guidelines continue to change. For the latest information and policies regarding MIT life during the COVID-19 pandemic, visit the MIT Now website and read the event FAQ.
- Face coverings are now optional indoors at MIT.
- Campus visitors: Visitors may enter non-residential campus buildings from any access point if accompanied by a Covid Pass user who is authorized to access buildings; such visitors must be escorted by a Covid Pass user while inside campus buildings. Unescorted visitors continue to be allowed in outdoor spaces on campus. All visitors must follow MIT’s pre-Covid visitor policies, as well as posted Covid safety precautions. See the visitors policy for full details.
- MIT employees have a new option for granting temporary, unescorted campus access to an invited visitor: Tim Tickets, the visitor pass system named after MIT's mascot.
- For guidance on MIT-related travel, see the travel policy statement at MIT Now.
- Event registration: we ask that DLCs continue to register hybrid and on-campus in-person events that meet the conditions described on the event registration page.
For complete details regarding life on campus at this time, please review the MIT Now website.
Thank you for your attention to this information—we appreciate the effort to modify plans in the interest of public health and that of the MIT community.