Vendors and resources
Below are some vendors with whom MIT event planners have worked successfully. For detailed guidance on recommended vendors and bidding process/regulations, please contact Procurement in the Office of the Vice President for Finance—and you can always search for MIT Preferred Providers by logging in with your MIT certificates.
Have you a vendor to recommend to colleagues? Please let us know about your experience!
Catering and beverage service
External event planning services
Read more about external event services and questions to ask when considering hiring a planning vendor.
- 4Wall Entertainment (lighting and video rentals)
- AVFX (lighting and event production)
- E33 Productions (student-run)
- Headlight AV
- MIT Audio/Visual
- MIT Video Productions (video, conferencing, ChatCast)
- Office of Digital Learning (webcasting)
- Studio125 (lighting and event production)
MIT resources and organizations
- MIT Communications Initiatives
- MIT Events and Information Center
- MIT Events Calendar
- Event Planning Guide
- MIT Mail Services
- MIT Parking Office
- MIT Network Connectivity for MIT Guests
Music, decor, and entertainment
- Balloon Boss
- Brattle Square Florist
- Central Square Florist
- Music Management, Inc (bands, DJs, small ensembles)
- Music and Theater Arts Section
- Stapleton Floral Design
- Tim the Beaver costume rental
- Winston Flowers
Parking, transportation, and shuttles
- Boston Coach
- Dav-El Transportation
- MIT Parking and Transportation Office
- Peter Pan Boston
- Casey Atkins
- Jake Belcher
- Stuart Darsch
- Gretchen Ertl
- L. Barry Hetherington
- Andrew Kubica
- Ian MacLellan
- MIT Technique (student group)
- Cody O’Loughlin
- Ken Richardson
- Andy Ryan
- Jonathan Sachs
- Dana Smith
- Bryce Vickmark
Printing and promotional products
See also MIT Procurement preferred printers
- DS Graphics
- ISS, Inc (printing, including large-format installations)
- Surface Matter Design (environmental graphic design)
- The Print House
- Winbrook Promo (including banners and signs)
Rental china, linen, and meeting/event equipment
- Access Tent
- American Furniture Rental
- Camelot Special Events and Tents
- Dame Associates (including booth and poster session set-ups)
- ePoster Boards (electronic poster session set-up)
- PEAK Event Services (formerly Peterson)
- Rentals Unlimited
Security and safety
- Campus Activities Complex (CAC)
- Greater Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Classrooms@MIT (classroom reservations via the MIT Registrar’s Office)
- Interpreters Associates, Inc.
- Language Scientific
- Linguistic Systems, Inc.
- Melissa Harkin (English, BR Portuguese, Spanish)
- On-campus poster distribution: Hire Rachel Maillet to add your event posters to bulletin boards across campus
MIT Conference Services
...is a one-stop, fee-for-service event management resource available to Institute and outside conference organizers. More
Tim the Beaver is available to attend events hosted by MIT-recognized student groups and departments.
MIT Copytech has three convenient locations on campus.
Did you know?
MIT Communications Initiatives offers counsel on all kinds of communications activities, including project planning, printing, photography, social media, and graphic design. They’ll also help you prepare a Request for Proposals and evaluate the bids. Contact
MIT Video Productions offers Emmy® Award-winning video production serving education, research, and outreach at MIT. Below, “Imagination Off the Charts” documenting the 2016 MIT residency of musician Jacob Collier.
MIT’s Endicott House in Dedham can accomodate small and mid-sized groups for professional meetings and special events.
Ice cream socials are always popular events! MIT planners recommend the following:
Photo: Dominick Reuter
MIT Police escort the Academic Procession on Commencement Day.
Hosting visitors to MIT?
Have some unique local wisdom to share? The Yonward app allows you to create and share a custom mobile guide and to discover interesting campus guides others have published. Free in the App Store; Android version in development.