Where to stay
The Greater Boston area offers a wide variety of options for overnight accommodations. Whether you’re looking for a hotel room with a view, a quiet bed and breakfast, an efficiency apartment rental near MIT’s campus, or something in between, the city has accommodations for every taste. A few things to note:
- Accommodations in the Boston area can be pricey, and depending on when you visit, very hard to find. In particular, please be advised that the months of May and June constitute Commencement season in eastern Massachusetts, so hotels and restaurants are especially busy during that time. Other busy times include the weekend prior to the Boston Marathon (April) and the days surrounding the Head of the Charles Regatta (October).
- We strongly advise reserving your accommodations BEFORE arriving.
- Many hotels and bed and breakfasts in Boston and Cambridge are accessible by the MBTA subway system. We provide a list below of the hotels nearest to campus and also a map of hotels in the greater area. Please note that MIT does not guarantee any of these accommodations—this information is provided for reference only.
- For accommodations other than hotels (bed and breakfasts, home rentals, etc.), please see our listing of resources below.
- For information about living on- or off-campus while studying at MIT, please see MIT Housing.
Boston Marriott Cambridge
Courtyard Boston Cambridge by Marriott
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Boston - Cambridge
Fairfield Inn and Suites Boston Cambridge
The Kendall Hotel
Le Meridien Boston Cambridge
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Boston Cambridge
Kimpton Marlowe Hotel
Residence Inn Boston Cambridge
Royal Sonesta Boston
The Whitney Hotel
Bed and breakfasts
Vacation and short-stay rentals
- TripAdvisor Vacation Rentals
- Apartment Advisor
Other hotel resources
For further information on accommodations, as well as information about historical tours, restaurants, and shopping in Boston, visit the Greater Boston Convention and Visitors Bureau website or call 617-536-4100.
Photo: Looking over the Great Dome and Killian Court toward the Charles River and Boston’s Back Bay; AboveSummit with Christopher Harting
VIDEO: The Kendall Square ecosystem
Photo: Bryce Vickmark
VIDEO: MIT Day of Play! #ThisisMIT